- Personalized Bibles: You can order these inscribed with the Communicant’s name, bound in a cover of their favorite color. Bibles can be ordered based on the reading level of the receiver, and may even include pictures.
- Saint Pendants: Does the Communicant have a favorite Saint or special prayer request? For instance, Saint Sebastian is the patron saint of athletes, while St. Francis of Assisi is the patron saint of animals.
- Personalized Frames: If you plan to attend the ceremony, you may wish to snap a photo of the Communicant receiving the sacrament. You can then give them a unique frame, perhaps in silver or ivory and inscribed with their name and date. This will give them a lasting memento of this sacred day.
- Rosary: You may choose to give the child their first Rosary. These prayer beads are available in many styles and colors and are available online or in most prayer stores. If you choose to, you may also purchase an elegant case for the Communicant to keep and display their gift.
- Crosses: Available in a number of materials and styles, these can be personalized for the receiver. They may include a prayer or even the Communicant’s name and meaning of their name. Most crosses can then be hung on a bedroom wall.
- Music Box: Particularly appropriate for young girls, a personalized music box can serve as a jewelry box and may include the receiver’s favorite song. Some music boxes may have room in the top for a photo of the Communicant as well.
Photo Credit: Susan Simon