October 31st usually means a constant sugar high at our house, so finding healthy Halloween treats has always been a goal for me. I wish I would have stumbled upon this post from Blue Bird Lucy’s before today. However, this is a craft you and your children can do for any occasion. It is for pumpkin pie playdough.
There are several reasons why this is a perfect Halloween gift for little ones.
1. There are zero grams of sugar in Playdough.
2. You can include your children in the making of these treats.
3. You will be the star of the neighborhood by giving something unique that doesn’t induce a sugar coma.
4. Everyone will think that you are SO creative.
5. Pumpkin pie Playdough will make your house smell great and give those who receive the gift an olfactory treat.
You can check Lucy’s blog for the all of the steps to make these beauties. She starts with a homemade Playdough recipe. You can find many easy ones online. Kiddinaround.com has three easy recipes as does fun.familyeducation.com. Your best bet is to search the term “homemade playdough” on Google.
What makes this Playdough special is the addition of pumpkin pie spice. The cello bag with a pumpkin face adds to the fun. I was surprised that Lucy just used a black marker to draw the eyes and mouth. The tag tied to the cello bag with the words “Pumpkin Pie Playdough” is especially important. You want the recipients to know that this treat is not edible. Now these babies are ready to give.