A nice touch to your important event are 5oth anniversary favors. Achieving fifty years of marriage is a major accomplishment and certainly something to be celebrated. Your golden anniversary party will be complete with guest gifts, whether they are edible or a keepsake. We offer you some favor ideas to put a smile on your guests’ faces when they take them home.
1. Photo Favors – These photo mint tins are a huge hit because they allow you to display the couple of honor in their youth. Old wedding photos are often the choice. However, some hosts use a current photo.
Other popular photo favors include wrapped caramels with a label showing the happy couple on it. Each comes completely assembled and tied with a raffia bow.
2. Chocolate Golden Anniversary Favors – Everyone loves chocolate, so you can’t go wrong with any type of cocoa treat. Fortunately, many individual candy is wrapped in gold like Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Hershey’s Kisses Milk Chocolate with Almonds, Jordan Almonds, wrapped chocolate stars, chocolate coins, wrapped butter mints, truffles and more. This makes it easy to create your own favors, by simply placing them in a cellophane or organza bag. Add “Live, Laugh, Love” ribbon or curling ribbon and you are all set. Another option is to create personalized tags on your computer and attach them to each bag.
3. Glassware – Many party hosts opt for a keepsake item and glassware stands the test of time. This personalized shot glass 50th anniversary favor is quite inexpensive at $1.66 to $2.08, depending upon the quantity.
You can also decorate your own glassware including vases, mugs, champagne glasses. There are many articles online that will provide information about the type of paint to use as well as how to keep it from coming off.
4. Baked Goods – Homemade treats are always appreciated, so get out your favorite recipe for cookies, cake, brownies, or candy. Incorporate your golden anniversary theme by wrapping them in a gold bag or box. You can find great deals on clear cellophane bags with gold accents or add a custom gold label to a clear bag.
Another option is to bake items with gold or yellow candies. Think butterscotch chocolate chip brownies or cookies with gold M&M’s.
5. Bar Ware – Bottle stoppers and openers are truly functional items that will be used by your guests. You can find personalized bar tools online or plain ones locally. I saw some great wine bottle openers at IKEA and they looked more expensive than they were.