My sister Sandy brought the most delicious dessert to a potluck. She rarely has time to cook, so I knew that it would be easy. Her “recipe” is below.
1. I tried using semi sweet chocolate chips and melting them. Then putting strawberries in fridge for storage.
Result: I thought they were good, but one guest thought the middle was too hard.
2. I tried putting magic shell in the middle of the strawberries and freezing them.
Result: Everyone liked them except me. I thought the strawberries themselves ended up tasting too frozen.
3. I tried doing semi sweet chips and left everything at room temperature for the party.
Result: This was juuuuuust right!
*Cut the bit at the very bottoms of the strawberries off. They will sit better in the egg carton.
* I prefer using semi sweet chips to anything milk chocolate. The milk chocolate was too sweet.
*Keep left over strawberry guts and tips to eat with the leftover melted chocolate. Mmmmm.
* You really just need a cup of chocolate chips, not a bag!! Unless you just want to eat spoonfuls of melted chocolate (which I wouldn’t blame you for).
Thank you Sandy for the great idea!