If you’re planning a wedding, you’ll probably want it to stand out in everyone’s mind as the party of the year. Why not make it more memorable by having a motorcycle wedding theme? Follow these simple steps to hosting the perfect celebration:
- Invitations: Let guests know you will be having a theme wedding with the invitations. On the cover, include a picture of the happy couple on their motorcycles (or even together on one motorcycle). Or, for a particularly fun idea, include a “save the date” magnet shaped like a motorcycle along with each invitation. Remember, this is also the time to introduce your wedding colors, so have the text, interior of the envelope, and any ribbon used to bind the invitations be in the color scheme you plan to use for your wedding reception.
- Decorations: Stick to your color scheme with your decorations, and remember that leather is the perfect accessory for any biker wedding. Whether you include black leather seat covers or flower bouquets in leather lined vases, you’ll want to include this material throughout the room. Secondly, motorcycle shaped cookies are a delicious dessert and can be used as both a party favor and a table decoration. Bandanas are also very trendy, and you can use them as the napkins on each of your tables. They may even have the initials of the happy couple sewn into them. Finally, remember that the cake topper is a wonderful opportunity to show off your decorative ability, so have it include a motorcycle along with statues of the guests of honor.
- Centerpieces: For centerpieces, consider using small toy motorcycles and setting them up against pictures of the bride and groom throughout their courtship. You can also light small candles to create a romantic feel. Or, for a more laid back and less formal option, put a teddy bear with a leather jacket in the center of each table. Surround each bear with colorful confetti and motorcycle shaped candy or chocolate lollipops.
- Favors: Custom mint tins with the name of the bride and groom are very popular. You can also order photo mint tins with an image of the couple on a motorcycle.
- Venue: Many places throughout the United States cater to motorcycle weddings, and most of them offer outdoor venues for your celebration. Consider Daytona Beach as one of the most popular destinations. The weather is fantastic, and whether all your guests arrive on bikes or not, they’re sure to enjoy the scenery. If you plan to have the reception in a different location than the ceremony, make sure each guest has a map of the area so they don’t have trouble getting to the party.